Wednesday 21 August 2013

Giving your hair some TLC

If you were to look in my bathroom you'd probably be astonished by the amount of products I have –  actually I'll rephrase that –  you'd probably be astounded by the huge quantity of hair products I have, most of them half used and most of them past their sell-by-date!
You see I have an obsession with dyeing my hair and lets just say 27 years of bleach/dark/bleach/red/bleach/caramel has taken it's toll.  Money has been spent on every re-hydrating product to enable me to carry on with this erm addiction but unfortunately not only is my hair extremely 'ruined' it's also very fine –  great! How I wish I had never picked up my first Shaders and Toners and how I wish my daughter will never dye her thick mane!  
Anyway it's whilst I was browsing the supermarkets last week (I'm not a hair snob, I'll use anything that promises fuller, thicker hair) that John Frieda's Full-Repair Shampoo/Conditioner and Oil ended up in my trolley, as not only did it promise to hydrate my dry locks but it would do so without weighing them down –  in short they were promising a miracle and their miracle ingredient was Inca Inchi Oil which is rich in Omega 3.
So today I've put them to the test, firstly I love the smell of shampoo, I want shampoo to smell like shampoo, I want (sorry want is such a 'greedy word), but I do want a shampoo that when I flick my hair people breathe in with an 'hhhmmm' and on first impressions this did just that. As usual I squirted out far too much conditioner, you only need a small amount as this one is incredibly rich and finally after washing I put a couple of pumps of the Repairing Oil Elixir through my long hair.
After I blasted my hair I was extremely impressed that I didn't look like Worzel Gummidge, the strands were soft, shiny, the caramel and blonde hues in my hair looked bright and best of all had some oomph. I was disappointed that the fragrance wasn't strong enough to last all day, but giving my phobia against wasps that's probably a good thing. 
If you want to view the range check HERE as they have a range suitable for absolutely every hair type –  best of all you can pick up some amazing tips on their You Tube page www.youtube.com/user/JohnFriedaUK.
I am not paid to advertise these products, as a blogger I have to give an honest opinion or no-one will trust me –  writing for a county paper and regularly appearing on the radio, people know me far too well for me to hide from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment