Monday 4 February 2013

DETOX with Clean 9 Forever Living

 

‘Honey if you do this it will be a miracle’ said my mum when I told her about this feature – you see mum knows my fondness for sweets, diet coke and cappuccinos. However, after a turbulent year which evidently took toll on my body due to stress, alcohol and a poor diet, I ended up in hospital with kidney infections and I was basically running on empty. I knew I had to take charge and make changes to my lifestyle - I exercise daily so wasn’t concerned about weight loss however, my body needed a kick start and tons of TLC and the only way forward was with a detox.

Leanne Perilly is a representative for Forever Living products based upon the Aloe Vera plant and she suggested their 9 day detox Clean 9. I was intrigued as I knew from research that Aloe Vera is excellent not only for topical use such as soothing eczema but taken internally is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and can alleviate symptoms of an irritable bowel. Included in the detox was Garcinia Plus a natural plant extract which aids in normalising the metabolism, lowering cholesterol, promoting healthy skin, nails and hair as well as being an appetite suppressant; Bee Pollen which contains vitamins C, D, E, K and beta carotene and all the essential fatty acids to boost energy and stamina and finally a protein shake in either vanilla or chocolate (I chose vanilla), add this to milk and it’s a complete nutritional meal replacement containing 100% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamins and minerals. So it’s within this box that I hoped would break my bad habits but of course there’s one vital supplement it doesn’t give – willpower!

Days 1-2. During this time I was not allowed any food - I was measured (tape measure included) and weighed. I took the capsules followed by the gel and then wretched – the gel tasted of bitter lemons with an aftertaste of mud. I completed the 20 minutes of exercise recommended and managed to persevere for the rest of the day by keeping busy. By 6pm I was nearly in tears and wondering why I had signed up to do such as hard core detox – but then I had my protein shake and not only was this yummy but it took away the pangs of hunger! On day 2 I woke up feeling sick, constipated and with a horrific headache but stuck to the routine of supplements however, by 4pm I caved in and ate my ‘emergency’ protein bar, I also rang Leanne to admit defeat but with her encouragement I managed to carry on!

Day 3-9. I woke up at 5.30 and wow what a difference - I had a burst of energy and all my symptoms had disappeared - I was on a natural high. I was also very happy as for the rest of the detox I was now allowed 2 protein shakes as well as 600 kcal. Amazingly I didn’t feel hungry and all my cravings for sugar had disappeared. I did a high intensity gym work out and felt great, my skin glowed and for the first time I could see that all the tears shed at the beginning had been worth it - I did slip up on day 6 with a Chinese but certainly paid the price the next day feeling sluggish and bloated!

Judgement day loomed and whilst I was thrilled to lose 51/2 inches strangely all from my stomach and hips, I’d already achieved the results I had wanted of a cleaner body and clearer mind. Thank you Leanne I feel amazing and any negative doubts I had have only been replaced with positive ones.  One final note anyone intending on trying this or any detox must consult their doctor first.

If you are interested in trying this detox or any of the Forever Living products, please contact Leanne Perilly on 07814 478286 a 10% discount is being offered on this detox until end Feb 2013.

Follow me on Twitter @askmollybeauty or email me askmollybeauty@gmail.com for any feature enquiries.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. hi there,

    I am just wondering if smoking will not be allowed on the first two days of the program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best! web hosting CP

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very meaningful post for me. Thank you.
    health fitness food

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the party of my life here you will learn everything about me. best way to detox

    ReplyDelete