Wednesday 19 December 2012

Your Party Look in 10 Minutes

I love Christmas so much! I’d probably go, as far as to say it’s my favourite time of the year. It’s the only time of the year I allow myself to buy tins of chocolates and eat them all by December 1st, cry at a lorry covered in lights and allow Santa to put muddy footprints on my cream carpet, however, the best part without a doubt is the glitter, glitz and glamour. I’m not sure about you, but for me, getting ready to party is more exciting than the event itself. When I have time I like to spend a good 2 hours preening and pruning (believe me these legs take some pruning), but reality is I usually have about 10 minutes and that’s in-between shoving fish fingers in Donuts mouth and being quizzed by Princess on Harry, Niall (aka One Direction), like most mums 2 hours isn’t happening. By the time the kids are deposited at their fathers’ house, I’m ready for that Rose! If, like me you’re pushed for time, here are some quick tips to get you party ready! Before I share, just quick word of advice, leave the alcohol until after the makeup. Wine and makeup not a great combination – product overload!

 

·         If your skin is looking dull and needs a pep me up apply a hydrating serum. Alcohol, cold weather and heating dehydrates and a hydrating serum will give it a dewy finish.  Wild about Beauty’s Rose Water Illuminating Serum RRP, not only has light reflecting particles which give the appearance of more youthful skin, but also has anti-ageing ingredients to treat the skin - what makes this difference is the hint of violet that makes skin glow.

·         For  a ‘smokey eye’ use a dark colour on the lid that has a slight shimmer - this is more flattering and not as heavy as a matte colour.  A multipurpose gel product is great as  these can be used lightly as a shadow or built up to define the eyes and used wet or dry to define. Estee Lauder Pure Gel Colour in Cyber Green Metallic RRP is on trend for winter 2013. It’s not as heavy as black but is alluring, enchanting and edgy. The dark khaki, shot through with shimmering gold is suitable for all ages and adds glamour without being over the top.

·         To accentuate your eyes, apply very soft kohl to your upper lids and smudge upwards and outwards.  As you get older heavy rimmed eyes can look very aging. If you are 30 and under then line away by all means and go for that rock chic look. My favourite is Wild About Beauty Kohl as its incredibly soft, long lasting and comes in a duo form with a thick end to create such a rock chic look and a thinner end for more controlled defining.

·         For the rest of the eye, stick to light, neutral and shimmering shades. A small dab of silver on the inner corners of the eyes will give the illusion of brighter dazzling irises.

·         A multi-purpose mascara is a must, one that thickens, lengthens and curls, try Max Factor Calorie 2000 which has been on the market for years, but still one of the best.

·         I tend to use crème blushers as they’re easier to apply and colour can be built up.  Pat on to apples of the cheeks then follow with a light dusting of powder over the top. This gives the illusion of a healthy flush under the skin.

·         Lipstick – if you’re going heavy on the eyes, stick to a light shimmering nude. Estee Lauder Spiked Toffee is a soft, shimmering caramel shade. As you get older a pop of colour can bring back vitality to the skin. Pink Riot is a sheer pretty shade that is not too heavy but gives the complexion some radiance.

·         Finally a quick spritz of perfume behind the ears, just a small spray as there is nothing worse than choking other party goers. I love Very Estee by Estee Lauder which has top floral notes of freesia, lotus and base notes of Cashmere Wood and Sandalwood and it’s these lingering woody notes that give an air of sensuality, seductiveness but without being overpowering.

·         Now if I haven’t had time to do my nails, I’ll literally swipe a single block colour over my nails before I leave. Just one coat and a few minutes is all it takes to make them look presentable, and with the cold air hitting them, they dry super quick. This year I’m using Estee Lauder’s Beautiful Liar a gorgeous punchy pink and Love Bite a seductive rich red.

All that’s left is to go out and enjoy yourself, be merry and stay safe x

Estee Lauder/Wild about Beauty available from House of Fraser.

If you have any queries please contact me via Twitter @askmollybeauty or if you would like me to feature your business e-mail me askmollybeauty@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment