Tuesday 23 April 2024

L’Occitane En Provence Barbotine Eau de Parfum 50ml RRP £70

 


I love sourcing unusual fragrances and it’s the biggest compliment when someone asks you what scent you are wearing. However, I always feel a bit possessive when sharing my scent secrets, as I like it to be signature and personal to myself. Unfortunately when reviewing perfumes, I obviously can’t keep the scent to myself, and so I’m reluctantly letting you on to one of my favourite scents. Barbotine by L’Occitane En Provence.

This delicately scented fragrance, is green, crisp with light florals and ideal as we come into the spring and summer. Its aromatic notes give an uplifting and mood enhancing scent. Notes are:-

Top Notes

Bergamot, Mint Leaves, Lily of the Valley

Heart Notes

Golden Button, Chamomile, Ambergris Notes

Base Note

Cedar, Musk, Sandalwood

The refreshing notes come from the Mint Leaves, this definitely comes through even into the middle notes. I can almost detect spearmint that makes it reviving and ideal to wear when you need a pick-me-up. The aromatic note of Golden Button is also known as Cotula Coronopifolia, and has bright yellow flowers that when crushed give off notes similar to lemon verbena. With the Chamomile, this gives a clean, crisp scent that slowly melts into the Ambergris, Cedar, Musk leaving a grounding, earthy scent. Whilst this has a light floral from the Lily of the Valley, it goes marginally undetected, and so I would say it is certainly a scent for both men and women. It is herby, invigorating and try as I have, the only fragrances that I’ve found similar is Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca and Massimo Dutti Chamomile and Sandalwood. 

There is a whole wardrobe of products from this range, so you can layer the scent including Shower Gel £17.50, Body Lotion £26 and Soap £6. You can purchase it by clicking on the link HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment