Thursday 15 September 2022

TANGLE TEEZER® REVIEW - HAIR PICK RRP £10 WIDE TOOTH COMB RRP £12 sample review

 


I can clearly remember the screams from my now 18 year old daughter. She was 3 years old and everyone in the swimming pool changing rooms was staring at me. 'You're torturing me mummy, stop it you're hurting me'. Rather than being reported to Social Services, instead I was met with many sympathetic glances. I was simply trying to gently detangle my daughter's long wet hair. It's a struggle most mums who have to comb their child's hair will empathise with. I'm going back around 15 years ago, and it was then that my darling hairdresser, suggested I get a Tangle Teezer® - I never looked back. My hairdresser, a close friend was actually a top colourist and Wella finalist at Errol Douglas in Mayfair. She introduced me to this newly launched (2007) miracle hair tool and I think I probably kissed her, as it quickly became my product I couldn't do without.

Wind forward those 15 years and Tangle Teezer® is sold all over the world. Poorly copied by so many other brands, it remains one of the best selling hair tools since it launched.  Branching out there are now many variants that cater for different hair types. Most recently launched are the combs specifically for detangling curly and coily hair. Coils are graded on their tightness and texture, and both these combs are suitable for 3C - 4C hair.

The Power's In The Teeth™ Wide Tooth Comb RRP £12


This duo sided comb is ideal for all hair types and especially those with wavy, curly, thick, afro, coily hair. It's the perfect tool to use in the shower, to comb through your conditioner or to use when your hair is dry. It makes detangling the thickest of hair types a doddle, owing to the shorter, denser two-tiered teeth, which helps remove the most stubborn of knots. 


The wider tooth comb, is perfect for all hair types and is great at providing defined curls without resorting to any frizz! The easy de-tangler is also kind to bleached, dry hair (like mine), as doesn't cause breakage. 

The Power's In the Teeth™ Hair Pick RRP £10


The Hair Pick is designed to use on dry hair to add lift and volume to curly hair. It's ideal for separating curls, lifting them from the root to create definition with volume. It gives tight, curly hair perfectly separated coils without causing any damage, and you can really get to the root of the hair. Whilst to be used if you've got naturally curly hair, it can also be used if you curl your hair with appliances and want to separate the curls without losing the style. I used this on a recent night out, having tonged my hair. My curls had much more volume and, as above not a hair of frizz in sight!


These tools are not designed to be used with heat however, there are other Tangle Teezers® that you can find on their website that can be used for styling. I use the original Tangle Teezer® to comb through my Cockapoo dog after he's had a bath! It keeps his fur knot free without any snagging! Check out the website here at www.tangleteezer.com


No comments:

Post a Comment