Saturday 28 December 2013

Lydia Bright TOWIE interview


 

 

 

 


When God made me he didn’t cut corners when supplying me with imagination, some may call it over-imaginative but really, some days it’s like I live in a whole other world. For instance in this other world, you may catch me dancing to Last Christmas with Gerard Butler, you may see Richard Branson telling everyone to follow me on Twitter, but one person you would definitely see – is my bestest friend Kylie aka Minogue. You see I’ve had a girl crush on Ms Minogue ever since she bounced into neighbours with bouncing curls, wide eyes and erm Bouncer the retriever.  My crush is innocent, quite simply we are best of friends, we talk make-up, boys, watch films and sing karaoke, but that is all in my other world.

 


Last week though Imagination and Reality nearly collided when I received an email from a PR asking if I would like to interview Lydia Rose Bright, ex TOWIE, boutique owner and now the ambassador of imPRESS by Broadway Nails. You see, when I first watched TOWIE my first impressions of this friendly, pretty and down-to-earth girl was that she was Essex’s version of Kylie! Excitedly I threw some questions at her agents to ask her before we met, so on the day I could concentrate on persuading her to become my new best friend!

 


Q. What is your must have make up product? It has to be my trusted MAC Studio Fix

Fluid Foundation as I love porcelain matt skin. 

Q. Which is the one skincare item you can't live without? It has to be my 112 cleanser and toner. (Stockist 111skin.com)

Q. You love red lipstick but do you prefer smokey eye, neutral lip or neutral eyes and red lip for a night out. When I was blonde I would always go for red lips but now I'm brunette I prefer a smokey eye. 

Q. Glitter yes or no? No, I'm not a fan of glitter I prefer the matt classic look. 

Q.  Do you take your makeup off before bed?  Always, I would break out if I didn't.   

Q. What's your skincare routine? I always cleanse, tone and moisturise every morning and have Clear and Brilliant facials every 6 weeks. 

Q. Do you have any tips you've picked up from makeup artists you'd like to share? Contouring is my best tip - always ensure to add of flush of dark bronzer on your cheek bones and down the side of your nose to give a more chiselled model look. 

Q. If you had a makeup brand what would you call it? Rose as it's my middle name. 

Q. What do you think plays a major part in looking good i.e. diet, exercise? Feeling confident in yourself - this could be down to having a fabulous wardrobe, a new fresh hair do, training regime - I think it's all about doing what makes you confident. 

Q. What's your must have product you can't live without? My imPRESS stick on nails. They are fabulous, they come is so many different colours and prints and are so easy to pop on and pop off. They’re great for girls who want to be glamorous but don't have hours to spend in salons. 

Q. What is the one thing you wish you could change in the beauty industry today? I wish I could invent a machine that you could program every morning to spray on your make up perfectly in a minute. 

Q. What's your New Year’s resolution? To have lots of fun!

Q.  You have a choice full glam makeup forever i.e. full on TOWIE incl going bed or completely natural incl going out? Glam forever baby! 

 

For full on glamour in a flash without resorting to false lashes try Benefit They’re Real Beyond Mascara £19.50 – a few swipes of this ingeniously designed mascara brush gives lashes dramatic length and volume without clumping together - stockists House of Fraser.  Barry M Glamour Puss Shadow and Blush Palette £6.49 www.barrym.com includes 6 dazzling eye-shadows to make your eyes sparkle and a blusher to make your cheeks pop.  It took me less than 5 minutes to apply imPRESS Nails £5.99 and give my nailos a manicure to rival any gel polish, so easy to apply and if prepped correctly expect them to last up to a week available Boots or Superdrug. Kiss Nail Wraps £5.99 from ASDA are great for making your nails centre of attention and can be used on top of your nail varnish for a speedy party look!

 


Lydia’s make up was applied by Kayleigh Whiting of The Make-up Lounge. For bookings email kayleighwhiting@hotmail.co.uk, askmollybeauty readers will get 20% off full makeup with lashes, usual price £48 – offer to be taken one month from publication.  Lydia’s hair was styled by Sara Hinn of Mars and Venus, Brentwood Tel: 01277 203740 – prices start from £35 for hair styling.

 

Finally a huge thank you to Lydia for her time, she was just as lovely as I had expected –  warm, chatty, friendly and whilst I loved seeing her photos of her family and vice versa, plus getting her top tips on how to snag a seat at the best restaurants there just wasn’t enough time. So with this in mind I’d just like to say feel free to pop by mine any time you’re visiting Brentwood, the kettle is always on, bring your jim-jams, I’ll supply face packs, popcorn, DVDs….

 

If you have any queries please email molly@askmollybeauty.com or follow on Twitter @askmollybeauty/www.askmollybeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment