Wednesday 10 July 2013

Essex Prom featuring Lucy's Boutique and Lauren's Essex Angels

I can’t remember the exact date but around May 1988 I featured in the Brentwood Gazette with the headlines of ‘Molly Brings Prom to Essex’. I was photographed in my back garden donning a ball-gown and with my ‘Kylie’ perm I sat beaming whilst holding a poster which illustrated my idea of bringing the Prom from across the Pond.  One day I will find this photograph come rain or shine for proof that I did indeed introduce The Prom into Essex!  It was this along with my love of playing Fairy Godmother that I decided to hold an Essex Prom Competition, whereby one lucky winner and her friend would get an ultimate princess makeover if they could tell me in no more than 30 words why they deserved to win. Many entries were sent in but the one that stood out for me was a simplistic poem written by Tia MacCrae, age 16 from Chelmsford.

 

Hair and makeup’s such a mess

And we still haven’t got our dress!

Molly please help to get it right

Making us princess’s for the night!

 

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo played in my left ear and with all the magic I could muster I set about finding the right people to make their dreams come true.

 

Living in Brentwood I knew there was only one shop which would have dresses fit enough for a princess and trotted off to Lucy’s Boutique in Ongar Road (Tel: 01277 231277), whereby Lucy Mecklenburgh and Tracey Collins the owners generously offered the girls hire of dresses up to the value of £270 each.  Tia had chosen Katie Tilley (also 16) as her lucky friend and the girls had a wonderful afternoon playing dress up trying on many different styles.  It was a hard choice as there were so many beautiful creations to choose from but they finally settled on 2 amazing full length, crystal etched gowns.

 

For their hair and makeup I contacted Lauren’s Essex Angels (www.laurensway.com) who visit any house, venue or even the office within a 20 mile radius from Buckhurst Hill. Lauren Goodger (ex TOWIE and Dancing on Ice contestant) kindly offered her personal Angels Olivia and Roxie to transform the girls into stars for the night.  Hair was transformed by Roxie using Lauren’s Dream Rollers and tongs which left both girls with swishy, bouncing manes, whilst Olivia who has a degree in makeup from the London College of Fashion applied a stunning application of makeup and lashes - the results were fit for Hollywood royalty and transformed the already pretty girls to simply stunning.  As photographs were taken Tia’s mum stood looking on with pride and tears in her eyes and I have to admit I shed a couple too.  The girls were travelling by party bus to Colchester Stadium with fellow prom-goers from their school The Boswells in Chelmsford, and from reading their Twitter posts it sounds like they had an amazing time – a late night stop off at MacDonalds usually does signify a successful evening (I saw the photos girls!)

 

Finally thank you to Lucy’s Boutique and Laurens Angels for their help and also my mother for ferrying me around as I’m still not allowed to drive!

 

If you have a business or any products you would like featured please email me molly@askmollybeauty.com or follow me on Twitter @askmollybeauty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment