Wednesday 16 January 2013

KeraStraight - your daily hairdresser

My hair has been dyed every which way but green – literally!  My obsession started age 14 when I discovered a colander, knitting needle and some bleach – fast forward 30 years and I actually don’t know what my real hair colour is, I’m so indecisive that I usually let my PMT dictate what colour to dye it – note avoid me when it’s black this usually reflects the last week of my cycle!

Unfortunately years of chemicals have taken their toll on my tresses so off I went in search of some much needed TLC, not in the form of a deep conditioner but something that would revive my locks and give the much needed strength it desperately craved.  Luckily for me I didn’t have to look too far, I’d read about the celeb favourite KeraStraight and knew exactly where to head - The Vanilla Room - owned by Kerry Larcher and launched in 1995 with branches in Hornchurch and Brentwood, and with an average client base of 450 per week, I was eager to see for myself why friends raved about this 5 star award winning salon.

There are lots of different types of Keratin treatments on the market but it’s the quality of the product used that determines the result and price. The Vanilla Room’s philosophy is to use the very best in hair care and I was about to be treated to the ultimate Hair Facial!  My hair would be fed with the nutrients lost through years of dyes, perms and blow-drying.  The treatment is not to be confused with the more commonly known Brazilian Blow Dry – it’s completely different.  Firstly it doesn’t contain any chemicals as it’s based on the hairs natural protein Keratin, it doesn’t alter the structure of the hair so maintains natural movement and whereby chemical straightening is for untreated hair, KeraStraight is perfect for coloured and bleached hair.  The whole process takes from 2 hours but is based on length and hair type.

My treatment was carried out by Art Director, Kay Doel an expert in the field of hair technology. She took me through the process of how my hair would be cleansed, dried, application of product before being sealed with heat via the use of hair straighteners, it would then be washed and conditioned before a final blow dry. She also took me through the 3 different types of Keratin as depending on condition would determine which one was used - I had the Colour Protect especially as I had only just gone from dark to blonde.  I explained I didn’t want my hair straight and she assured me how my hair would remain wavy but without the frizz and generally more tamed.   

The whole process took just over 2 hours and the results were amazing.  I often remark I wish I had the condition of my daughter’s hair, that youthful shine only possible on ‘virgin uncoloured’ hair and now thanks to Kay’s excellent skills, this hair was staring back at me in the mirror. It was glossy, super soft and gleaming and all this achieved without my usual dollop of serum!  I was advised that with the use of the sodium chloride and sulphate free shampoo and conditioner results would last up to 4 months. The treatment is suitable for any hair type and eliminates the need for daily blow drying, so perfect for those with busy lifestyles, who like to travel or even just had a baby, it’s like having your own invisible hairstylist and I want to thank Kerry and Kay for giving my hair a new lease of life.

The Vanilla Room is located at 1a, Wilson’s Corner, Brentwood (01277 263360) and also 123-125 High Street, Hornchurch (01708 452245). Find them at www.thevanillaroom.co.uk and facebook.com/thevanillaroom. 20% off all hair services are being offered by quoting Askmollybeauty until end Feb. One voucher redeemable per client – not valid against hair extensions, retail products and not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. No cash alternative.

 

Follow me on Twitter @askmollybeauty or if you have any business you would like me to feature (I cover all of Essex), email me at askmollybeauty@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hey are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my own.
    Do you need any html coding knowledge to make
    your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

    hairdressers Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete