Tuesday 16 August 2022

Gold Collagen® Anti-Ageing Lip Volumiser RRP £20 Sample Review

 


Having reviewed the Gold Collagen® Sheet Masks before and absolutely loved them (I took them away with me on my recent holiday, and they kept my skin hydrated), I was looking forward to reviewing the Lip Volumiser

I've been blessed with full lips however, at the ripe age of 50 I know that prevention is paramount especially as I do like to get out in the sun. I've a few light lines developing and have noticed recently these are getting deeper, and thus it's time I introduced a regular lip conditioner into my skin routine .I  have always had a lip cream on the go, but often I find them messy and fussy to apply. I don't like ones that I have to apply with my finger, as I just don't like faffing about with the tubes. So I was delighted to see that the one sent to me was in a bullet lipstick form. 


Upon testing it was incredibly easy to apply, something as a busy single mum is a must. It meant I could easily apply in the car, on the train and it was of course mess free. Before I give my verdict on how it feels, here's a breakdown of some of the ingredients:-


  • Hydrogenated Coconut Oil - nourishing, helps prevent chapped lips as contains fatty acids so is incredibly hydrating. 
  • Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil - rich in ricinoleic acid, an acid that helps prevents water loss. 
  • Cera Alba (Beeswax) - a natural emulsifier, beeswax is incredibly softening. 
  • Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - an emollient that is naturally nourishing and repairing.
  • Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil - skin smoothing and again rich in fatty acids so helps prevent dry lips.
  • Undeclenate Nacre (Mother of Pearl) Powder - this wonderful ingredient contains many repairing properties such as calcium, amino acids and is anti-inflammatory. It also contains anti-oxidants to help prevent damage to lips from the UV rays and pollution.
  • Fish Collagen - helps firm and plump up lips, is skin healing and can help restore volume. 
So with a long list of active and nourishing ingredients, how did it actually feel? Well not sticky, more like a silky lip balm. However, what stood this out above all other lip conditioners was the beautiful, iridescent sheen it gave to my lips. This instantly made my lips look fuller and when applied over a neutral lip pencil it gave it a 3d shimmer. 



I've taken 2 photos both in different lights, using it without any other colour or pencil. You can see the natural highlights and the Mother of Pearl shimmering through, making this a multi-purpose product as it treats as well as gives that beautiful sheen. Usually when I test things I gift them out however, this one is staying put in my bag! You can purchase here at www.gold-collagen.com









No comments:

Post a Comment