Over the period of 25 year of reviewing products, once in a while a brand comes along and surprises me for all the right reasons. Today I opened a box from Inclusev London filled with powdered bottles of 'shampoo, hand wash, face wash and body wash. That's right, the bottles contained just finely milled powders.
My first impression was ok, I like the sound of these with their abundance of essential oils but why powder? Well quite simply when you look at a bottle of ingredients say on your usual shower gel, you will find that the biggest ingredient (listed in order) is water. So the clever people at Inclusev came up with the idea to eliminate water, which in turn means that each bottle gives you four times the amount of washes. Not only does this mean you are getting a lot more for your money, but the ingredients are 100% active ingredients - this means they do something. Not only are the products free from any chemical nasties such as sulphates etc but they're derived mainly from plants, vegan friendly and sourced ethically and sustainably. Many of the ingredients are also organic. This company has our planet and your skin as it's priority. However, this is all well and good but my job is to see how the products fared.
My first test was the hand wash. I probably poured a little too much out of the bottle, as when combined with a small amount of water it gently lathered, into a creamy, milky froth. My hands were left lightly scented of lemon but also feeling incredibly soft.
Some of the ingredients in the hand wash include:-
- Cocos nucifera milk powder - coconut milk powder, packed full of vitamins and minerals that help keep the skin hydrated and soft. It gives a luxurious milky texture and leaves the skin feeling nourished. It's incredibly anti-bacterial so ideal if you suffer with acne prone skin.
- Pyrus malus fruit extract - apple extract, excellent for anti-aging and smoothing the skin. It's full of anti-oxidants to help protect the skin from sun damage and pollution.
- Aloe barbadensis leaf powder - aloe vera, calming and helps calm redness, ideal if your hands are chapped from the cold or from exposing too much to harsh elements.
- Thymus vulgaris leaf oil - anti-septic and anti-bacterial, thyme oil is an excellent addition to hand care as protects the hands from dermatitis, eczema and prevents infection from bad bacteria.
I also tested the Body Wash. Now I obviously didn't take any photos for this one, but I can tell you that I only needed a small amount on my body puff to cover my whole body, with frothy, foaming bubbles. Personally, I like my bath and body products to have a lot of bubbles, often this means that my shower gels are filled with nasty sulphates to create this foaming mass. Delightfully, this gave off the same amount, if not more and as mentioned above contains zero harsh chemicals. Instead my body was treated to a cocktail of ingredients including:-
- Oryza sativa starch - rice starch - ideal for eczema and sensitive skin. This ingredient lays a very fine line on the skin to prevent it from rubbing, it's moisturising and an excellent emollient.
- Tapioca starch - derived from the yucca plant this is one of nature's natural deodorants, and again leaves a fine barrier on the skin leaving it baby soft.
- Salix alba barch extract - Willow bark extract that contains a derivative of salicylic acid. This ingredient is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory making it ideal if you suffer from acne prone skin. It can help calm redness from ingrown hairs and is non-pore clogging.
- Hibiscus mutabilis flower extract - moisturises and conditions the skin.
The fragrance was gently scented with cedarwood, lavender and frankincense making it an ideal body wash for both men and women. It wasn't overpowering and as mentioned above lathered up brilliantly.
I have also been sent the shampoo and face wash and whilst, I've not had time to test these I know I won't be disappointed when I do. I've only just broken my ankle and standing in the shower is hard enough so it maybe a while before I get to test these, but I'll be sure to do a quick social media post to show you!
The four products come in a variety of sizes including the perfect travel sizes. Prices start from £13 and I would urge you to check out their website to read more on this upcoming, new brand. www.inclusevcosmetics.com